The V-Ray data of this project will be automatically

Hi. Every time I launch Rhino, this V-ray notice pop-ups, sometimes with a V-ray log panel… What does it mean and how can I get rid of it? :sweat_smile:

Hi,

This is an upgrade notice. It pops up to warn you that you will no longer be able to open the file with the V-Ray version it was last saved with. This is important if you upgrade your V-Ray version - there are certain considerations if you have co-workers that had not upgraded.

We have forward compatibility - e.g. you can open models created with older versions, but not backward compatibility - e.g. older versions may not be able to open models created with newer versions. The last time we broke the backward compatibility was with the release of V-Ray 5.00.01

You can’t get rid of it. If you open the file in non-interactive way it will not popup, but print on the command line.

The text you see in the Log window is similar but concerns different part of the integration.

1 Like

Thank you! :sweat_smile: I thought there would be a setting to disable the reminder~

I did not get this warning until I upgraded Vray - surely there’s a way to get rid of it? I don’t need to know this information every time I open any Rhino file.

Hi

Currently V-Ray only has a handful of popup messages with “don’t show me this message any more” - like mechanism, and that one is not such either. the only way to suppress such popups from V-Ray is to use non-interactive commands in Rhino, like “-open” instead of “open”, or any UI.

Hi~ Where could I add this “-open” command to Vray?

Hi,

That’s a standard Rhino command

1 Like