The new update keeps freezing

I had to update my rhino to the newest version. Both me and my fellow student experience the same problem. The program keeps freezing for a second or two. We have to hand in our models in a couple of days and all i want is to use the older version which ran smoothly. Is there away to either run the old version or make the new one flow efficiently?

/Architect student

i think you’ll have to provide some more info… i mean, if there’s an actual problem with the program then the devs aren’t going to be able to sort it out via the info you’ve provided… as in- i could respond with ‘no, it doesn’t freeze’ (because it doesn’t for me) but it does you no good.

http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/reportingproblems

I often open Rhino Windows files on My Mac. All of my files contain Rhino Gold materials.

With the latest update Rhino freezes when changing to Technical, Pen or Artistic view mode.

5.0 Wenatchee 2014-01-29
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B08
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB graphics

UPDATE: Problem was not the latest release but a Clayoo object that had been converted to nurbs. It freezes the windows version of Rhino as well. Sorry… should have gone back in and tried it in Windows before posting.

We would like to see a Clayoo object that freezes Rhino. This is a bug that should get fixed. Can you post here or send to tech@mcneel.com?