The binary cubic equation represented fit curve

Hi, I want to obtain one interpolate curve, which is a fit curve represented by the binary cubic equation.

Which is,
y = 0.4 * pow(z,3) * pow(10,-6) -0.3 * pow(z,2) * pow(10,-3) -0.2 * z * pow(10,0) + 0.4 * pow(10,-5),
and (x = 0, z from 500 to 600)

How can I get it use grasshopper.

Thanks for your attention.

I’ve tried it using this way, but I’m not sure whether it’s correct or not.

which imitated the method from [Joseph_Oster] with the post(The curve generated with mathematic function - #5 by Joseph_Oster).

That doesn’t look right? Do you need parentheses around these terms?

• pow(10,-6) -0.3
  • pow(10,-3) -0.2
  • pow(10,0) + 0.4

Where is your GH code file?

Why does your Eval component have all those inputs if they aren’t used in your expression?

1 Like

Sorry, here is the test file.
TestFile_0208.gh (10.2 KB)

Here is the preview of .PH file.

Why is Z and input when it’s supposed to be the result of the expression?

Solved already? :man_facepalming: Please post the solution so others can learn.

Hi, Oster.
I want to obtain the curve segment (z from 500 to 600).
So I tried to set the domain value.

It looks like the curve I want to get.

Please post the solution so others can learn. Don’t mark a thread “Solved” without sharing the solution!

So the ‘x’ input to Eval is not used?

I was thinking something like this but the result makes no sense. Just a waste of time. :roll_eyes:

waste_of_time

2 Likes

Thanks for your help, Joseph.

What did I say that was helpful?

Without any working code being posted, do you think anyone learned anything from this thread?

Hi, I think your answer is really helpful.
And the initial code has been posted here several hours ago. (The binary cubic equation represented fit curve - #4 by Shihang_Zhang)

In this post you have modified the batteries before “Eval”, and remind me of " the ‘x’ input to Eval".
(The binary cubic equation represented fit curve - #9 by Joseph_Oster)

I’ve tried to run the code after modified you mentioned, and everything goes well.

So, I truly appreciate your help.

I’m glad you are happy. The initial code wasn’t posted when you started the thread, I had to ask for it. What I’ve been asking since then is where is the “final” code that solves the issue?

What was the “Solution”? It can’t be Range? Was it adding parentheses?
What is the point of this expression/function? The result I’ve seen is not interesting at all.

Hi Oster, I apologize for my rudeness and any distress I may have caused you.
I’m new to this forum and don’t really get the mechanics here.
I sincerely thank you for helping me to learn a lot.

And yet you still haven’t posted the “final” file or answered my questions. I don’t think I can explain it again. Many people every day are new to GH and the forum. Many expect answers without posting a GH file. Those who find this thread hoping to learn something will be disappointed.