Textures not rendering on blocks (Vray)

This pic Show my Problem Better!

This is the Pack scene!

No attachment here ā€¦
You need to upload the file and attach it. In the post editing window click on the icon with and up arrow

Sorry, I am trying to Upload that but it take many times to upload!!!
my pack scene file is 8.8 mb!!

I am trying so!

Try uploading to Dropbox?

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30From: ft mottaghiSent: Saturday, February 27, 2016 10:27 AMTo: thebowman@shaw.caReply To: McNeel ForumSubject: [McNeel Forum] [Rhino for Windows] Textures not rendering on blocks (Vray)

ft1

February 27

Sorry, I am trying to Upload that but it take many times to upload!!!

my pack scene file is 8.8 mb!!

I am trying so!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond

In Reply To

juancarreras

February 27No attachment here ā€¦ You need to upload the file and attach it. In the post editing window click on the icon with and up arrow

So, This is my Scene pack!
Block Problem.zip (8.9 MB)

Could we redefine a new texture or Mapping for a Block from our main file not from our Block file???

Looking at the file now. I see a couple of problems. Iā€™ll report later.

Thanks Juan :slightly_smiling:

Hi,
See attached. Iā€™m sending the scene with only the concrete block with the problem. Everything else was irrelevant.
A few problems:
1.-
You had the vray sun on but in the environment, the skylight had no sun
selected and the background had the wrong sun selected. They should be
both with Sun1 (the vray sun) active. That was giving strange
lighting.
2.- You had the block nested with itself although Iā€™m not sure whether this would matter in this case.
3.- The main problem in my opinion is that the material of the concrete shape (concrete_tiled) had the bump map with type ā€œbumpā€ but the texture is a norml map so have best results with the bump type ā€œNormal map
(object space)ā€. This will give you smoother definition. Also I inverted the map in the texture manipulation so that the concrete seams and cofferdam anchors point inwards.
I made a second block definition with better mapping on each side but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s what you want.
I reccomend that you make the Rhino blocks with material by parent when you define it. Then after you insert it, you can always freely assign a different material if you change your mind whether with the layer or directly to the object. The 2 blocks are now defined like that.
I hope this helps
Cheers

villa savoye_edited.3dm (796.0 KB)

1 Like

Great :+1:
I will change my setting as you mentioned.

Thanks a lot Juan

I have SR12 and this is still a problem for meā€¦

Olofj
Can you send an example ?

1 Like

example.3dm (852.6 KB)

Hi Juan,

sure!

here we go!

Olofj
Iā€™m not sure if I follow your problem.
You sent me a block defined with material ā€œby parentā€ inserted in ā€œParent layerā€ which behaves correctly.
Also, if the material of the parent layer is a textured material, the texture displays and renders correctly. (see attached). I have also SR12.
What are you after exactly ?

example-byparent.zip (383.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi Juan,

ok, I understand the confusion. The problem occurs in my vray. When I have rendered on in the view port it behavesā€¦ but when i render with vray it shows block base layerā€¦ which version of vray do you have?

Ok! Just needed to update my vray to latest version and it worked! Thanks for your help

1 Like

oh good, Iā€™m glad itā€™s working for you.