Texture problem on linked blocks? Render settings? or Hardware? :-(

Hi everyone,
I’m having a puzzle with rendering settings.
I have attached two images.
Notice the shading on the green slide and some other elements on the model.

The only difference between the two files is that they were rendered on different systems (no changes to settings, textures etc, just a different machine running the same software Rhino 5 & Flaming NxT v3.1). Also, the item in the model experiencing the issue is a linked block.

I’ve checked Flamingo settings on both machines which appear to read the same.
Is there anywhere else I could look to resolve this? It happens fairly regularly on this machine (but not others).

Thanks in advance.

Looks like the sun position changed… Could that be related?

Lighting is not the same, look at the shadows of the kid on the climbing structure in front. make sure your sun and light settings are the same.

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions.
At first I would have agreed that it was a lighting issue, the two renders certainly do look different on different machines, but I’ve looked into it further…

The item that isn’t rendering correctly is a linked block
Opening the block file on the computer causing issues, when rendered it comes out fine (attached).
Also, if I explode the block in the model, it renders fine also (comparison renders all attached).

All attachments were done on the same machine without changing any settings in between (just exploded the block).

Puzzling…

hey there

I have had this happen before and found it is the material direction- which changes when you join or group surfaces. Select the surface type in dir then make sure they are all heading outwards- For some reason some materials behave slightly differently depending on which direction they face.

Jahn

Thanks @jahn,
I tried what you suggest and everything seems to be pointing in the correct direction.
This issue is only occurring when the object is rendered as a linked block.

When it is exploded or viewed in the original block file, it renders just fine and seemingly on only one machine suggesting it is a workstation specific issue…

bump.

Could this be a software installation issue?
Where could the issue be most likely coming from? Rhino or Flamingo?

Still experiencing this issue.
Is there a way to instruct Rhino to disregard any lighting settings on linked blocks?
It appears that when inserting a block and then rotating it etc, it maintains the original lighting direction rather than taking this information from the project file…

Any ideas?

Thanks,