TEXT BOX SCALING BUG: bounding box does not scale uniformly

Hi,

When scaling a text box the bounding box for the text does not scale uniformly causing the text contained in the box to change shape. A practical application of this is when text is in a title block and the sheet is used in an environment other than 1:1, scaling the title sheet to multiple scales makes it necessary to go into each title and adjust the width to the scaled text boxes to fit within the title block.

The attached screenshot shows the results of scaling a text box by 50%

FYI.

Hello- - think that is this bug -
RH-63248 Annotation Text: Line wrapping width was changed by scaling
which has been fixed.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, Thanks for the reply. I applied the latest update this morning - Version 7 (7.4.21078.01002, 2021-03-19). Should it be fixed in that update?

Mark

Hi Mark - the bug I mentioned is fixed in 7.5 it looks like.

you can get the fixed (7.5) version by changing the ‘Update frequency’ in Options > Updates and Statistics page to ‘Service release candidate’

-Pascal

I Installed the update with this fix. It is improved but the width is not scaling. Is there a logic to this? It seems like in the fix the text box width doesn’t scale but the text size does making the text box taller but not wider. In the attached example the text box on the left is scaled 2X.

Hello - this should be working correctly in 7.5 -

you can get the fixed (7.5) version by changing the ‘Update frequency’ in Options > Updates and Statistics page to ‘Service release candidate’
On mac the option is in Preference > General.

-Pascal

I installed 7.5 before testing this today. I have Version 7 (7.5.21082.11002, 2021-03-23). I just checked it again with the same results I described earlier today.

Thanks!

Sorry! I may have lied - it seems only to be fixed here in 7.6. Which is not public yet.

-Pascal