Text bake not working in GH 1

I know it’s more a “Human” issue than a “Human UI” issue, but I thought it would make sense to post it here.

This is due to a break in our SDK for Rhino6. We’ve put the method back in so hopefully soon this will start working again. I think Rhino 6.1 will have the method available again.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-42907

I’ve already fixed this in the Rhino 6 release of Human
Human.gha (416.5 KB)

1 Like

Hi andy,

It’s a problem right there : Grasshopper for V5 and V6 share the same library folder.
If I use this new Human.gha, I can’t run my definitions in V5…
Any idea how I could circumvent this issue ?

the v6 plugin won’t run in v5, so don’t replace it. Install the 6 version to %appdata%/grasshopper/6/Libraries. 5 will ignore this folder and 6 will give you the option to choose on launch (I have requested that it automatically prefer whatever version is in 6 but I don’t think this has yet been implemented: RH 6 Grasshopper plug-in loading conflicts)

Indeed…

Hi Andy,

When opening my V5 definition in V6 with the V6 version of Human.gha, I get a warning about the Bake component.
Instead of displaying a “Old” banner on the component, these are just wiped-out, which is not convenient because I need to figure out what to plug to what…

That seems strange. I am usually fairly diligent about preserving old versions of components. Can you upload a definition that isn’t opening right in v6?

Also my name is not Andy :slight_smile:

Oops, sorry about that.
Those diminutives are handy though…

well, I’m baffled. I opened up the file you sent me with the Grasshopper File Viewer and I can see that there are two different versions of the Bake Geometry component; one with guid 04289394-caf5-4494-a4ef-013a2c4a4cd1 and one with guid ebf1ed47-70c4-4d5b-af5d-55956eb1dffc. What’s strange about that is that the current Guid for BakeGeometry is the ebf one - and as far as I can tell it’s always been that one. I dug up an extremely old version of Human and it had the same Guid - so that leads me to believe I’ve never changed it. I searched through the entire repository history for Human and I cannot find any instance of the 042 guid. So I have no idea how you wound up with an odd version of that component. Are you saying you can currently open the definition with your Rhino 5? if so, can you send me a copy of your Rhino 5 Human.gha?

Thanks for this @osuire - I’m just an airhead and failed to commit some improvements I made to the bake component to the repo, so they got lost as I was making updates for rhino 6. However I tracked down the files and have folded the improvements back in to the Rhino 6 build. see attached: Human.gha (415.5 KB)

An airhead ?
A supersonic one then !
More power to you Andrew.

1 Like

Ok, now for some criticism :slight_smile:
It seems that something is wrong with “Justified text” : justification is wrong.
In the folowing example, you can see that the “Center” horizontal alignment is not respected.

I can’t reproduce that. You’re using the Rhino 6 build I posted above? It handles center alignment just fine for me… can you post an example def?

In the définition I sent you, on the far right…

it works in that definition too on my machine - not sure what to tell you.

Hi Andrew,

I don’t know either… The screen capture I sent you was not CGI ; I promise !
I also notice that some of the texts bake before receiving the Bake “True” boolean input.

then it seems your computer is haunted

That would explain lots of things…