Temporarily hide

Is there any way to hide the surface temporarily when the object is selected?

Hide command causes selected objects to be hidden.

thank you! that’s not what i mean

Perhaps you could try to describe what you mean in a different way.

1 Like

I mean, in shaded mode, when I click on the object, the surface is hidden and still shows the outline, and when I when I deselect the surface reappears,

Do you want the selected object to display in wireframe mode and the other objects continue to display in shaded mode? If so I don’t know of a way to do that but it may be possible.

2 Likes

you get it right!

i found those commands by accident, but i can’t remember now what they are,

there is
ShadeSelected
shading is reversed than you describe
your description sounds like a wireframeSelected . that does not exist.

1 Like

you can use SetObjectDisplayMode to wire when you are in shaded mode, i have most of the objectdisplay modes on short cuts which i use often for this exact purpose.

there is also hide, when you use it with - for instance -hide then it asks you for a name you hit t for instance, then -show and hit t the object appears. you can of course alias these either.

then there is isolate in combination with invert, you can hide one object isolate the rest and unisolate to get it back.

all that of course is not as fancy as a show wire for selected would do.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, but that’s not what I needed. it’s similar to those commands, but it’s quickly turned on and off by clicking on them

then the essential question remains what you actually need it for if none of the suggestion can even help?

1 Like

i have 3 objects next to each other, when i select any object it will show a frame, when i deselect it it will come back as other objects

tôi có 3 đối tượng cạnh nhau, khi tôi chọn bất kỳ đối tượng nào, nó sẽ hiển thị một khung, khi tôi bỏ chọn nó sẽ trở lại như các đối tượng khác

Hello- there is nothing that I know of in Rhino that does this. It is a little hard to imagine the utility of this, if I understand you - can you explain what you are trying to accomplish?

-Pascal

1 Like

google translate:

i have 3 objects side by side, when i select any object it shows a frame, when i deselect it it comes back as other objects

1 Like

thank you, what i want to achieve is quick wireframe rendering mode, when object is selected

in any view, i just need to touch to get quick frame result