Tekla LiveLink GHPython - Outputs wrong format

Hi!
I am currently working on a Project where I try to use the Tekla Components (Tekla Live-Link) in my GHPython-script in Grassshopper.

When passing the Tekla-Component through GHPython it doesn’t return the same format as the Tekla Component. Hopefully someone of you have the solution for this. I guess this is not a specific problem with Tekla Live Link. Hopefully some of you guys have a solution :slight_smile:

This is how the code from the Tekla Component looks like:
Code%20from%20Tekla%20component

Best Regards,
Daniel

It looks like GhPython returns the genetic type (it does not know about Tekla), while the component actually returns the same type, wrapped in a Param that overrides the Text representation.

If this is the case, they will work the same. Did you try querying any property?
I also think the ghpythonlib function will return a list. Did you try understanding the returned type?

Otherwise, what problems are you experiencing? I do not have Tekla to test.

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

Unfourtunately the format type doesn’t work very well with Tekla.

When creating a part in Tekla I need to pass “Part Attributes” in to an “Tekla Item” in GH.

When doing that in GHPython I get an error message like the one below:

Best Regards,
Daniel

I can help the developers of this tuning this up to make it work with ghpythonlib. This is a problem of Param-casting that is common to GH-SDK developers. I cannot test this, but it’s probably something rather small.

Alternatively, these developers might share some type of SDK to create these types and call into the framework directly. This might also be available for use in Python and C#. I am available to help there as well.

Do you have a contact for this Tekla add-on? Where did you download it from?

Thanks,

Giulio

Giulio Piacentino
for Robert McNeel & Associates
giulio@mcneel.com

Thank you for being so helpful!

I have contact with a person that develops the Tekla-Components for GH.
Hopefully he can give us more information on how to solve this problem.

I am currently waiting for his response. Will contact you when I have more information.

Daniel