Tech Gems 4.2 unable to detect HASP

unhandled

(Info) #1

Good morning or afternoon or evening to you all. I’m struggling to get my tech gems 4.2 has to be recognised by rhino.

I’ve been running Rhino 3 with my tech gems 4.2 hasp no trouble at all on windows 10. Now it’s all gone pear shaped with this as the message everytime I go to use a feature of tech gems.

Unable to run program C:\TechGems4\scripts\detectHASP.exe.

Any light people can throw on the situtation would be hugely helpful .

Thanks in advance

Simon.

Does TechGems use a dongle (a hardware plug that provides an authorization to run the software)? This name of the .exe suggests that it is associated with a dongle.

It sounds like he has the dongle (HASP) but it has stopped working for some reason. @theringlab did this by any chance happen after a Windows update? Perhaps the Hasp driver got corrupted or doesn’t run anymore - the first thing I might do is go to their site - Hasp was absorbed by Safenet and now Gemalto - and see if there is a recent driver available. But this stuff is really, really, really old… Rhino 3 was between 2002 and 2007… :older_man:t2:

–Mitch

(Info) #4

Hi guys

Thanks for the responses. Yes it did happen after a windows update. I only use the dongle to quickly calculate the amount of stones required for me to price jobs and although a very old version now a prefectly reliable and stable piece of software until recently I’ll have a look at the link you kindly provided and I’ll let you know how I get on. :slight_smile: