Tapered lofting

Hi all I am trying to achieve a loft similar to the image attached, I would like to apply it to a grid which I am struggling to do I have both scrips done separately but I am struggling to make it apply in the correct context,

lofting.3dm (405.4 KB) lofting.gh (41.3 KB)

Unable to open your R7 .3dm file in R6. You can ‘File | Save as…’ R6 or internalize your geometry in the GH file.

P.S. I also don’t have Pufferfish so maybe can’t do much anyway.

missing

No Problem,
Thanks
loftingR6.3dm (405.4 KB)

I’m not sure what you really want but took a wack at it anyway.

lofting_2021Feb12a.gh (9.6 KB)

Thanks, yeah that’s kind of the idea, I’ve also just come across this link, I want to achieve something similar I am trying to figure out whether I should work with the spicules first or the sphere I am not entirely sure but Ill experiment some more thanks > Introducing 'Exoskeleton' - A wireframe thickening tool - Grasshopper

This is semi-interesting. SUnion fails with the capped lofts but SDiff works in subtracting them from the sphere, sort of like a bowling ball.

lofting_2021Feb12b.gh (11.5 KB)

P.S. I find this very interesting! Using SDiff twice yields a ‘Closed Brep’ very close to what I had hoped for from SUnion, which failed. Even better, actually, since the ends are spherical.

lofting_2021Feb12c.gh (12.6 KB)

2 Likes

Very cool, Thanks I will send you a link to my a blog of mine which may be of interest, I am going to have some fun with this now, though the script does take a while to process I assume it is calculating the differencing

You can see in the image I posted that the profiler reports 1.6 minutes for the first SDiff. Always best to disable the slow parts while working on the rest of the script.