How would I make this part look similar to this image (tapered oval to the hole)
Should be simple, unfortunately I’m not at my computer to make a sample file but basically:
- Draw inner and outer ovals
- ExtrudeStraight outer oval down
- Move inner oval down to a satisfactory depth
- Loft the inner oval to the outer oval or to the top of the extuded srf (turn on history for this command if u want to play with the depth of the inner oval)
- Once happy, fillet the outer edge
Okay thank you, however when I go to fillet it, it doesn’t delete the straight part
donut.3dm (2.6 MB)
you can also use 5 curves like so, and use loft with option loose.
not sure what happened to your fillet would be good to post the portion of geometry before the fillet.
donut_2.3dm (2.6 MB)
Here is the file, I am still unable to fillet the top edge
looks like there is some inaccuracy already in your curves.
you can check this with a few commands:
_explode or sub-Selection _gcon
also it s a good idea to use the World x y axis to be used for the symmetry of a single object.
if the curves are precise the surfaces will be nice and filletEdge works.
(if you want to keep your approach - redraw the curves)
but the fastest way to draw your object is to draw the section (blue curve in my file) including the fillet)
donut_02_tp.3dm (3.4 MB)
check attached document.
I recommend the approach of drawing some rectangles (red) first to define the dimension of the object…
hope this helps - kind regards - tom