Tan, tan, radius circle icon bug?

If I make a TTR circle using the icon from the tool bar I cannot complete the command using the “Enter to draw circle from first two points” option. If I hit Enter it defaults to the last used radius. However, if I type Circle from the command line and select the Tangent option, it works perfectly.

Thanks
Dennis

Hi Dennis - this is the macro that should be on the button:

! _Circle _Tangent _Pause

_Pause _Radius

Here it seems to work as expected -

Command: _Circle
Center of circle ( Deformable Vertical 2Point 3Point Tangent AroundCurve FitPoints ): _Tangent
First tangent curve ( Point ): _Pause
First tangent curve ( Point )
Second tangent curve or radius <5.534> ( Point FromFirstPoint ): _Pause
Second tangent curve or radius <5.534> ( Point FromFirstPoint )
Third tangent curve. Press Enter to draw circle from first two points ( Point Radius ): _Radius
Radius <5.534> <<<<press enter here or type a new radius.

-Pascal

From my command history:
Command: _Circle
Center of circle ( Deformable Vertical 2Point 3Point Tangent AroundCurve FitPoints ): _Tangent
First tangent curve ( Point ): _Pause
First tangent curve ( Point )
Second tangent curve or radius <0 3/16"> ( Point FromFirstPoint ): _Pause
Second tangent curve or radius <0 3/16"> ( Point FromFirstPoint )
Third tangent curve. Press Enter to draw circle from first two points ( Point Radius ): _Radius
Radius <0 3/16">

Doesn’t work!

Hi Dennis - what is not working? If you want to draw the circle from the first two points and then intereactively, that is not the macro you need - the Radius option is forcing it to ask for a specific radius and not letting you drag the circle out yourself… is that what you are after? Just leave out Radius…

-Pascal

I am unable to leave out the radius when I chose TTR from the icon in the toolbar. I click the icon, pick the first curve, then the second curve, then return and it always defaults to the radius. If I start circle from the command line, choose the tangent option, pick the first curve, then the second curve and hit return it draws a circle between the two points I picked.

Hi Dennis - maybe I am being dense but the TTR macro is specifically designed to let you enter a radius - if you do not enter a new radius but just hit Enter, it uses the default (last used) radius. What I think is that you do not want TTR, you want TT and click to set the circle - am I right about that? You can just edit the button and remove the Radius option at the end or make a new button without the radius option, is what I’m suggesting, but I may be missing a link…

-Pascal

Ah, that’s the problem. It would be obvious if the command line didn’t show the Enter to use the 2 points option when you used the icon. Now that I know, I’ll just use the command line. Thanks for clearing that up.