Take surfaces in multiple planes and reduce them to a common 2 planes

Hi,
I’m new to rhino and one of the hardest things is just getting a grasp on the lingo. I’m sure this has been answered somewhere, but I don’t know how to search for it. Basically, I have a series of surfaces that could be joined into a closed polysurface solid. I want to unfold this solid and lay it flat so that I can print it out/laser cut it. An example would be taking a cube and unfolding it so it created a cross in 2 dimensions:

…my shape is a little more complicated, but same idea.

As you can see, I’ve had some success doing this manually by copying surfaces and using orient3pt and then joining them back together, but I’m hoping there’s a faster way and less confusing (it feels like doing one of those 3d jigsaw puzzles in reverse) way.

If they are all planar surfaces, UnrollSrf will flatten them out. If it’s a completely convex polysurface, then the Explode=No option will keep them joined so they can be ‘folded together’… If it’s not convex, there might be overlaps (as in real life, where not all objects can be made from one single cutout sheet).

Thanks so much!