Tutors: Adrian Krężlik, Mateo Barbero
November 14-16, 2022
10 AM–5 PM CET
Hosted by McNeel Europe (Zoom)
In times of rapid human-induced climate change and anthropocentric urbanization, cities have the potential to become major drivers for positive change, drawing policies and introducing concrete actions. Understanding cities’ behavior and metabolism are crucial to take meaningful design steps toward a climate solution.
This training introduces different toolsets to model, analyze, and simulate the climate conditions of urban environments. This includes the assessment of temperature, humidity, and wind to predict human comfort, solar potentials, urban heat island effects, future climate, and other key concepts. In this 3-day hands-on workshop taught by the co-founders of Dosta Tec, Adrian Krężlik and Mateo Barbero, participants learn how to connect parametric modeling tools in Grasshopper with computational energy and climate modelling in Ladybug Tools, Climate Studio, and the Urbano software for a more sustainable urban modeling.
- Global Climate Change and its impact on our cities
- Intro to Urban Modelling with Urbano and Elk
- Urban Concepts & Metrics
- Urban Modelling Interface: Energy, Lifecycle & Daylight
- Introduction to Ladybug tools: temperature, degree-days, wind ,and humidity
- Trees and Urban Heat Islands, Shading benefit, ENVIMET
- Urban Surface Temperature, Mean Radiant Temperature
- Weather Data, Rural vs Urban Weather Mode
- Microclimate. Outdoor comfort. Metrics (UniversalThermalClimateIndex)
- Outdoor Domestic Spaces, Shadow Optimisation (UTCI with LBT)
- Mobility & Accessibility: the 15-minute City
- Shortest Walk & Walk Score
- Space Syntax and Visibility
- Electricity & Heat Production in cities
Course requirements: Basic knowledge of Rhino and Grasshopper.
Online course fees: EUR 395,- (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required). Please note that we will confirm your seat after your payment has cleared.
Max. number of participants: 25. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled two weeks before.
Course language: English
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting McNeel Europe!
Posted Oct 11, 2022 by Verena Vogler on Rhino News, etc.