Surface UV / Isocurves off Cplane Axis

Hi,

Can anyone help, my architectural model is slightly off axis to the world cplane and have been building using a named cplane to the right axis.

However i have noticed if i extrude a box and look from above the iso curves on the top and bottom surfaces are oriented to the world plane and not my working cplane?

How can i change this so they align to my cplane if that makes sense?

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard, if both CPlanes share the same origin (or one indentical axis) you might try _RemapCPlane to orient the off objects from one CPlane to the other. Alternatively you might use _Orient3Pt and pick origin and axes manually.

c.

Hi,

Thank you for the response however that doesn’t seem to work for what I think is going wrong.

I dont even know if it is an issue with the iso curves not being parallel to the box however it doesnt look right.

Please see image attached showing how the top isocurves are rotated on the top and bottom surfaces meaning they dont line up with the side isocurves.

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard - For planar surfaces this might make a difference in texture mapping or other UV related operations but otherwise should not matter other than to your sense of equilibrium…

-Pascal

Thanks, is there an easy fix to stop this happening?

No… none that I know of.

-Pascal

Hi Richard, as long as you do not use UV texturing, there is nothing to worry about. Isocurves are often misunderstood and seen as modeling guidelines which they are not. There is no guarantee they will line up with border edges, eg. if you create arbitrary planar shapes and fill them using _PlanarSrf, the resulting surface isocurves are likely lined up with the World Plane, not the CPlane. I´ve found that using eg. a rectangle in a CPlane rotated around Z-Axis and fill that, the isocurves line up with the CPlane instead.

c.