Successive Increase in distance between Objects

Greetings,
I am working on Grasshopper and I want successive Increase in rectangles as shown in picture below. I am also attaching Grasshopper file I’m working upon. Anyone aware about the commands can reply as soon as possible. Thank you so much for the reply and your precious time.

Rectangle Facade.gh (19.2 KB)

Please internalise your curves and surfaces.

This could be an approach to solve a problem like this

Rectangle_re.gh (9.5 KB)

Greetings Daniel, Thank you so much for your time and help. I’ll try this and inform you that it worked or not.

Can we control the distance between them?

“Only you can prevent forest fires/control the distance”

By which I mean, the distances must be specified somehow. @danielbent did it one way. How would you like to do it? Should the distances increase linearly? Exponentially? Just be based on a list of manually picked numbers? …

Thank you so much for reply. These are files, and I want rectangles to be spaced in successive increasing distance in both directions and I want to control the movement.Rectangle Facade.gh (19.2 KB)

But control it how? Sliders? Equations? Points you drag around? External text file data?

You can generate a list if increasing numbers using the Series component (1,2,3,4,...). These numbers can then be treated as the distances between your shapes. To go both left and right, you can take that series and negate it (-1,-2,-3,-4,...).

To convert these spacings to motions, you’ll have to use Mass Addition and rely on the partial result output. This will be (1,1+2,1+2+3,1+2+3+4,...) or (1,3,6,10,...). These partial results can be used to set up a bunch of move vectors.

@danielbent used that mass addition trick in his file too.

You totally ignored this part of my post and uploaded a file without internalised geometry again.

Furthermore it would help if you tell us what distances/step sizes you want.

In my approach you can control the distance of the array with the x and y coordinate of the point in the beginning.

You could just mirror the branches above {0} of my approach on the y-axis and you have it in both directions. Or du you mean in x and y direction?

SORRY. But I was trying to upload rhino file but it is too heavy to upload. I’ll try making it low in size and upload. Thank you so much for reply.

BTW: Since you post in this category I assume that somehow you are in the coding bandwagon.

If true (and your game is C#) see attached.

Move_GeometryBase_V1.gh (13.0 KB)

1 Like

Hiii, Is there any option to control the distance between the Rectangles and number of rectangles, and can it exploded on both side.
Thank you.

This is what I am making but I want distance between them to be gradually increasing

That’s a different animal: is classic object (rectangles in this case) manipulation via attractors (just one in your case). If you are in a medium to advanced C# level I could provide some hints about how to do it.

Here’s the general case (32 possible results, 3d grids, shown with z count = 1 for clarity, 2 attractors used):

Pull + var object size:

Push + var object size:

Pull + steady object size:

Relation to some 3d closed Container (either Mesh or Mesh from Brep for speed):

1 Like

Greetings, Thank you so much for your reply.
In the case which you mentioned above, size of squares is changing not distance between them. I want the size to remain same but distance increase gradually.

From your screen shot it appears that you after a facade grid of some sort.

This means that the desired effect is a matter of elimination: A classic approach on attractors: up to a some value/threshold (with respect the push/pull primary mode etc etc) don’t show (i.e. skip at this grid position) the object … then do some (optional) action like “shrink” as in the images attached above.

This makes sence in an AEC facade where the effect has to do only/solely with some color (all tiles/modules are the same size + a custom 2 color schema etc etc - BTW: AGROB BUCHTAL does this with a reasonable charge). Anyway for the above sceens this Method is used (remember: is a 3d grid thingy thus the 3rd inner loop):

Of course different effects can being achieved … with different lines of code/Methods.

1 Like

Hii. Is there any easier way to do it without using C# scripting because I’m New to grasshopper and I have made all this by using some online tutorials.
Thank you.

Sorry but I don’t use components any more. I have assumed that you are familiar with coding since your post is in this category (C#, VB, P matters).

Anyway given the values used in the 4 main options (1 out of 32 possible combos) … see the effect (Container not used for clarity) by animating the elimination value (i.e. raise/vary the threshold related with the “skip the object” action):

Thank you so much for your time. I’ll post this in another category with grasshopper components.