SubDBox Bug - XCount and YCount reversed

SubDBox has XCount and YCount reversed. XCount=6 and YCount=3 results in 3 faces in the x direction and 6 faces in the y direction. MeshBox works properly. Incorrect - MeshBox has the same problem. Both boxes in the example below were created in the Perspective viewport with the CPlane axis coincident with the global axis.

Version 7 (7.1.20329.13011, 11/24/2020)

Command: SubDBox
First corner of base ( Diagonal  3Point  Vertical  Center  XCount=6  YCount=3  ZCount=2 ): 0
Other corner of base or length ( 3Point ): 240
Width. Press Enter to use length: 50
Height. Press Enter to use width: 35

Command: MeshBox
First corner of base ( Diagonal  3Point  Vertical  Center  XCount=6  YCount=3  ZCount=2 ): 0,100
Other corner of base or length ( 3Point ): 240
Width. Press Enter to use length: 50
Height. Press Enter to use width: 35

SubDBoxBugDC01.3dm (1.6 MB)

Hi David - does this happen if the viewport is maximized?

-Pascal

@pascal Viewport maximized cures it. What does viewport being maximized have to do with it? It has to be one of the more obscure bug causes I’ve heard of.

Update. Does not happen with Top viewport maximized. Happens with Perspective viewport maximized.

Hi David - my guess is another viewport is, somehow, getting its CPlane involved, I wanted to eliminate them to see… I’ll poke at it some more to see if I can see where it goes astray.

(I can reproduce it sometimes)

-Pascal

Further update: It is sporadic. I tried different viewports, both maximized and 4 view. Sometimes it happens maximized, sometimes not. Always or almost always happens in 4 view.

I have Orca3D loaded. Restarted without it loaded and problems still occurs.

I can’t find a repeatable pattern for it to occur. It is occuring most but not all of the time. Intermittent errors which cannot be reliable repeated - the worst situation to debug.