SubD union help

Here you are :grinning:
ExampleModelsMashup.3dm (2.0 MB)
also - last shot didn’t show the triceratops on the trunk

-the human and triceratops heads have eye openings which would need to be closed for 3d printing

5 Likes

Oooh… it’s even an El Camino :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

Looks like a Lotus Europa to me. (I may be showing my age}. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Europa

Added: A S1/S2 Europa with the Renault engine based on the higher “sail panels”.

5 Likes

"Hyperfusion360 "
We don’t use that type of salty language around here… :wink:

Hey @DanielPiker.
Just out of interest: are your “fusion"-booleans based on this research?
Link

Cheers, Norbert

Hey @norbert_geelen
Indeed - that paper was an inspiration. I don’t exactly follow their approach, but it’s similar.

1 Like

Thanks. Can’t wait to try it.
:+1:t2:

Hi
Is this tool in the new version?
Or not finished?

That good,
In ““Mehmixer””,…
I think there was something similar since 1783 … + - 1810?
hahaha
Do not hurry !

Yes, Meshmixer from Autodesk,…
but…cmon.

This is nothing like mesh mixer, because it is all about keeping a quad based topology.

2 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things :man_facepalming:t2:

Sorry,… very confused!

meshmixer by Ryan Schmidt, to be fair…

Funny how Autodesk apparently* bought Meshmixer from Ryan, but only ‘rented’ Ryan for a couple of years. He’s now making modeling tools for Epic games.

Same story as with Tsplines, VSR, etc. All those people only seem to last there for a few years (is that time required to work there as part of their transition agreement post acquisition?)

This is so awesome @DanielPiker ! I was working with these kind of connections and bridges in a combined fashion with mirrors and subD’s in Pufferfish.

Can’t wait to use these new tools. Also, that car is something from Sid’s house in Toy Story haha.

tenor

3 Likes

It looks like the new SubDThickenCurves command.

sorry had a look into this https://youtu.be/mOgC8lFE6tI
We did a live demo at Siggraph Asia and we are trying to find some way to include this into some 3D packages

I’m really looking forward to this!

Great Work, this is gonna be awesome!

1 Like