with patch lines

8 Likes

Ha! We are on the same wavelength. I made these a few weeks ago:

11 Likes

beautiful!
patch layout?

I ended up subdividing at the end to add some hood scoop detail:

But the “loose” version of it looks like this:

I cheated a little bit…in that I had laser scanned data of a 964 project to build my geometry on top of, as reference.

6 Likes

Here’s my model if anyone wants to play-

here’s my patch layout in box mode

911_tester.3dm (1.5 MB)

9 Likes

#rwspeedshape :grinning:

2 Likes

seems like time for

EPIC 911 BATTLES OF HISTORY

NURBS vs SUBD

SKYG vs HOUCHENK

rumble-wwf

4 Likes

Ha! Except we both used Subd on this one lolllll

2 Likes

I’ll settle this right here… Sky is a way better modeler than I am… :wink:

1 Like

Oh no… I might not be able to let this one pass…

Sounds like a fun forum challenge! This remided me of the paint swatches I made a month or so ago. The desktop 911 challenge. One “object”, no wheels, just a rough body. :stuck_out_tongue:

ok, jump in all… subd 911 bodies… go!

bonus points if you can add the subtleties of the different generations… I based mine off the early long nose 2.7 rs…

1 Like

Here’s a little teaser on something I’m working on.
Started at the front and slowly working my way backwards, refining the previous parts as i go along to get a good continuity. It’s slow work but I think it can turn out good.

7 Likes

oh hell yes… holo has entered the chat!

2 Likes

This was a fun build. All SubD but the wheels.
I skipped modelling the vents on the back as this build was intended for a side view, but I got a bit carried away on the detailing so I might have to come back to it one day and detail some more. There is no interior but the seats which I stole from my Dino, same with the wind shield vipers, no reason to model more than needed. But everything else is custom built for this image.

Edit: The above image I uploaded was 4k wide but I don’t know why it was downscaled to 1920px.

25 Likes

awesome! you have car builds dialed in…

1 Like

Thanks, it’s fun to combine 29 years of 3D experience into such light builds. The greatest thing about subd is the ability to cut and patch for as long as it takes and the ability to do big adjustments late in the workflow. Making it great for sketching as I can whip up something fast and then continue refining for as long as I like. Glad you liked it.

1 Like

I would Love to see LOD’s be added so you can dial up or down thru the patch count for big mods, or detailed mods late in the model

2 Likes

Very cool! How do you do the creases between panels? Can you show a close up near the doors?