BUT

As I was workflow on this subject
Bevel is good point / edge and sharp Control Net_editing

Have a nice Weekend~ :smile:
viva la SubD!

8 Likes

Fantastic, congratulation !

Hi guys,
I finally had time to start detailing on my contribution, a 1966 Beetle.
It’s one massive point tweaking and remodelling job to get stuff quite nice, but it’s getting there.
In the image you can see both sketch parts, finished parts and parts that are wip.

(I also included the custom toolbar in the image for inspiration. I use this as a floating toolbar for Sub-D modelling since I just can’t stand working with the “tab’s” :slight_smile: It just isn’t organised in a logic way for me, nor has it the extra tools I need, so going between tabs to hide and unhide stuff etc just wasn’t suitable for modelling efficiently for my needs, but this toolbar together with the standard tab is OK)

30 Likes

Amazing work!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Here is an update on the detailing of the rear.
I spent 4 hours sketching, 5 hours for detailing of front and now another 5 hours on the back, and I guess another 4 to finish off the exterior. It’s the rear window panel and the rear fender that needs some love + details like mirrors, a door nob etc. (And then an interior… )

The material is a just a simple PBR with metal added to it and the environment is the jewelry environment from Rhino. (wish those had thumbnails… :thinking: )

9 Likes

Superb, the car body is just one SubD surface or several ?

It’s multiple, I am modelling the individual panels as it is on the physical car so I can open the doors etc. And visually the car needs the gaps between the parts too. Here is an explosion of the parts so far:
(But the initial sketch/layout was of more unified parts, so I split them up when I remodel)

10 Likes

Thank you for the clarification, again great job !

1 Like

Sneak peak:
The details and interior is coming along…

(Still doing everything in SubD)

16 Likes

I wish you recorded this build!!

1 Like

Yeah, it could have been cool at 20x speed :smile:

3 Likes

There, I think I am close to done with this build.

And now off to the rendering studio…
(Unless I decide to do the dashboard…)
It’s been around another 6 hours to complete this, so that makes a total of around 20 hours modelling.

Edit… rendering with denoiser is fast so here it is at 50 samples, thrown into an scene I made for the scull.
I see that I forgot to add glass to the blinkers so that has to be done.

These images are rendered at 50 samples and took 25 seconds each, then 1 second to denoise…

I will play a bit with the paint material and also add a small gap at the doors as they are too tight to the body.

Also, as you can see I didn’t intend to render the interior so it is lacking details and the door is too thick at the top, but that is a quick fix for subd… :smiley:

Here you can see the mesh, pretty light modelling:

27 Likes

Wow😲

1 Like

Here’s a small interior update:

Note that these images are screengrabs to show the denoiser in the viewport at 100 samples. (Rtx2060 super)

Still needs some detailing in the speedometer, so I’ll see if I’ll have to put that in there too… :grimacing:

(Also added some details to the front, a better handle and some vents)

9 Likes

Ah… Detail~ :cold_face:

Thank you Holo.

Is it new car model for Holomark? :smiley:

1 Like

updates to this project are inbox delight!

3 Likes

Well, if that’s the case then here are a few more :slight_smile:
(Tell me when to stop though!)

Update: Speedometer and seat seam:

Tail light got better materials and a black rubber ring:

And front blinker:

What’s missing now is structure to the tires and vents in the back and on the dash… but those are better made in nurbs and booleans. (I might fake them with black elements though)

9 Likes

Delightful and fantastic stuff, @Holo