SubD and other Wishes

Thanks Pascal.

Matching wise would be okay with just positional. Is this currently only possible, as Kyle described, by using Align after duplicating the edge of a nurbs object? I probably need to attach a mmore visual case for this.

Yes - so when I heard this was possible, my first thought was that it would surely be the first step to enabling such deformations to take place. If a face packing can take place under the hood, of a selection of say 4 subd faces which are adjacent and all in a line (or indeed a 2 x 2 grid), then surely we’re onto something? Whilst I fancy the challenge of making it work with Python, I’m sure evenings and days of me toiling would not be worth it when it would probably be childs play to a real dev. Flow would then be something like:

• Pick object to flow
  • Pick base surface, with corner point as per
  • pick a 1d or 2d array of quad faces, maybe picking the orientation point after (or just in the first face pick) - of course, the subd quick select tools could be used here, such as picking a start and end of loop, and dbl click in between for the loop.
  • or pick a corner on the array for orientation, this could use the under the hood pack faces
  • apply the space morph as in vanilla Rhino
  • then something similar with splop - choose an array of faces to splop to, use the nurbs limit underneath as temporary geometry (without having to actually produce it only to delete later)

Until then, I understand that as @theoutside pointed out we can use lots of construction geometry and duplications and stuff. Long term obviously it would be nicer for lots of users to not have to spend lots of time doing this - but to pack it into a tool. Maybe we could have a test command of some kind, testFlowAlongSubD? Honestly couldn’t care that much if it was super buggy to begin with or anything.

Whoops - I already asked for this. Sorry about that.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-61211

Another thing I wondered about @pascal - I tried editing a few times to get it visibility. It’s about exposing morph control box ‘slices’ (when specifying a control box with x/y/z points.