Subd and named selections for rapid iteration

Sure, we have shared good selection workflows before, many many times. But here it is again, in case you missed them before. This video is dealing with marquee-click-paint select combined very seamlessly. And combined also with select-though vs. select visible equally seamlessly IMO:

Keep in mind the most important part here:

1. It’s all ONE tool
  2. you never have to click more than one modifier: either Shift to add or Crtl to remove.
  3. you can do click-paint-marquee based on how/where you click (or click-hold) your mouse
  4. you can work in any shading mode, which has its own default and its own override.

So yeah, coming to the workflow you guys have here is absolutely painful in comparison. And I’m just talking about manual selections here. We haven’t even started to talk about selection growing/shrinking/by angle/conversion of types/borders/patterns…

I just need you guys to have at least just the basics right. Currently it’s waaaaay too much friction. And I worry that you are all either completely unaware of how not good enough this is, or you are deflecting our feedback because you don’t want/can’t/refuse to make this good enough. Both situations are really bad.

G

2 Likes