Strange Message after update: 'RPC Package'

I have had this popup on some files when opening since the most recent update.

To my knowledge I have never installed or used this package, so not sure why it’s throwing up this message now. I do have VisualArq and Vray installed so perhaps these have something to do with it? Any advice would be appreciated!

Yeah, I just got this this morning and it surprised me - I was opening a file that came from someone else.

Hi -
There was a brief mentioning of the RPC plug-in during the release meeting yesterday, and, as far as I can tell, this plug-in used to be part of Rhino but was recently taken out.
-wim

What functionality/responsibility is behind RPC plugin?

What can I do to get rid of this? I’d rather not install a package that I don’t really need just to fix this!

It should only happen once per Windows machine. We have removed the RPC plug-in from the installation, and it is instead being shipped by ArchVision (https://archvision.com/rpc/) on the PackageManager.

Unless you know what RPC is, you shouldn’t do anything. The problem is that RPC user data was included in the templates on the Mac for a while - and so some files that came from the Mac will have this in there.