Still in desperate need of a manual read/unread switch

Using only Chrome on the PC is just great. Or were you thinking Chrome on phone? Google doesn’t make apps that run on the Windows phone platform…

We do have a Windows Phone 8 now for testing, a Lumia 920, but no earlier versions of Windows Phone are supported, only 8. Neil has the device.

One thing that is notably broken on Windows Phone 8 is that clicking on a topic will not take you to the last unread post, as it should, and does in IE10 and IE11. Other than that it works fine.

Running win 7.8 on a Lumia 800 here. Going to an unread post does put the view to the first unread post as it should. Icons don’t load though.

I just upgraded discourse, so you might want to check again and see if anything has changed on your phone.

Well, I’m not sure anymore…
Right after my post, I read other topics and all of a sudden clicking on a topic would take me to the bottom of the page, not to the last unread. I just tried again now and all is fine again…

“Dismiss New” button at the bottom of the New tab is coming next week. I think that will meet your needs.

2 Likes

Ok @Willem et al, you will now see a Dismiss New button at the bottom of the New tab.

Clicking or tapping that button does two things

• clears all “New” topics so they are no longer considered New to you

• only topics created after you last Dismissed New will now be considered new to you

I hope that helps. Enjoy!

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I use the Dismiss New and Dismiss Unread buttons multiple times daily and they have improved my experience with Discourse enormously. Thanks :smile:

1 Like