SR17 - Brep.DuplicateNakedEdgeCurves keyword error

Hi @dale,

after upgrading Rhino (Windows) from SR16 to SR17 i’ve found that i get strange errors which did not come up before. For example using keywords like below:

rc = brep.DuplicateNakedEdgeCurves(outer=True, inner=False)

Causes the error:

brep.DuplicateNakedEdgeCurves uses an unknown keyword “outer”

the helpdoc however specifies exactly the keywords used. If i remove them the code runs OK.

I also found that SR17 runs some code used extensively here noticably slower. Is there a list of changed methods from SR16 to SR17 which could help to pinpoint the cause ?

thanks,
c.

Hi @clement,

Why not just do this?

rc = brep.DuplicateNakedEdgeCurves(True, False)

– Dale

Hi @dale,

for readability, i try to use the keywords. It’s not a big problem in general except that it makes the code fail since SR17 while it worked before.

Could you please comment on my second question, changes in RhinoCommon for SR17 ? Is there such information ?

thanks,
c.

– Dale

Hi @dale, thanks for the list. So it implies that the only change for windows is this:

SDK: 3dm export allows specifying a different unit system

???

I am not doing anything export related in my code, however i see it runs noticably slower compared to Rhino 7 SR16 after the update. Code which used to take 0.1s now takes 1.2s to finish. I am running this code hundrets of times, whenever the user edits a point…

thanks,
c.

Hi @clement,

Sorry - you’ll need to read back through this list too (I think):

What code? That is, what specifically are you calling?

– Dale

Hi @dale, a whole lot of code, actually 1200 lines just for the point editing which is run after each mouse up. I have one system still running SR16 which i try to use to compare with one which was updated to SR17.

Thanks, the info for SR18 RC1 doesn’t list anything i use. I’ll try to profile and time my code to find out which function and method is causing it.

thanks,
c.

I confirm the same script-breaking change. The keywords for Brep.DuplicateNakedEdgeCurves have changed from
outer and inner in RC 7.16 to
nakedOuter and nakedInner, respectively, in RC 7.17.

The RhinoCommon online reference is still at 7.16.