Splits and creasing on surfaces

Hi all,

First post here!

I am drawing a Zeppelin and have built up the sides of the hull by drawing the hull curve line length ways, doing a polar array of the curve and then creating surfaces between the curves. The issue I am having is that the surfaces appear not to join at the ends, leaving splits, or ‘creasing’ as if there is too much material.

Please see the attached image. The top and bottom arrows point to splits though they they are quite hard to see and the centre arrow points to a shadow caused by a crease that results from too much material.

The same also happens at the other end of the hull where the surfaces also come together.

I have tried to build the hull several times and get the same issue with various levels of intensity.

I also get the same issue when drawing a ‘blimp’, which does not have faceted sides, see second picture. So that I can show the gores that the envelope is made from, I use cutting planes which results in the same issue.

Suggestions anyone. Many thanks for any help!

Paul

There are no pictures attached. Just post your 3dm file here.

Hi Paul - if the surfaces are not joined then you may see gaps in shaded views due to the display meshes - see

https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/meshfaq

Does that help?

-Pascal