Split surface successively to approach desired Area (Python?)

Hello!

I’d like to split a surface with several lines, one at a time, each at a given point of a previously divided guide curve. I’d then move on to list only the resulting portion which is closest to the start of my guide curve. That’s the one surface I would keep on working with.
Although that is very easily doable, I can’t figure out my next step: I’d like to be able to iterate that process in a way that I can retrieve a fittest resulting portion, fitness being close to a given area.
This is a workaround a Galapagos process which, although successful, takes too long to process for my current amount of work. I thought pre-setting the splitting curves at given lengths would suit my purposes just as well. However, I assume this problem is solvable through a Python script, which unfortunately I barely know anything about…

Hi @juliamiranda.aloise , since it looks like you are iterating, maybe look at anemone?
If this doesn’t work for you with gh components, then a python script may be needed.

Hi,

Is this still related to what you were/are trying to do in your previous topic?

Just to be clear, you want to split a region (i.e. closed, planar curve) with an infinite line that intersects it, and check if one of the two resulting regions corresponds to an area value that you’ve predefined?
If at this first iteration/try no matching region was found, the line is transformed somehow (e.g. moved, rotated) and the next iteration begins?
If at any iteration one of the two regions corresponds to the desired area the mission is completed, not taking into account the area of the other region.

Is it then? :wink:

Genetic algorithms (i.e. Galapagos solver) usually take some time.
Before we dive into scripting here, I can tell you right away that the Python solution might not be much faster. How many regions do you want to process?

Can you give a simply example how you intend this to work (i.e. sketch, diagram)?