Splash screen icons

Thank you @Gijs for the tip! However… I’m sorry to say that it didn’t make a difference here.

Philip

@Philip did you restart?

one other thing maybe to try:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250636039

@dan hmm, upon further inspection, after I removed that file, things still work as they should, so I guess it was a false relationship after all

:slight_smile: I’m not surprised. It was worth a shot though and not a bad suggestion. I suspect all you needed, in the past, was to “kick” QuickLook at least once. That process should already be running by the time macOS loads the user-supplied launch agents.

I have no clue what is happening on @Philip’s two Macs. I suppose he could verify that the process is even running at all…which I suspect it is, as he says other thumbnails are updating.

If you want to verify that the process is running you can run this from Terminal:

$ ps -xww | grep quicklook*

which should return something like this:

638 ??         0:00.26 /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLookThumbnailing.framework/Support/com.apple.quicklook.ThumbnailsAgent
 2322 ttys000    0:00.00 grep quicklook

not too familiar with Terminal I must confess, but here it gives this back:

zsh: command not found: $

zsh: no matches found: quicklook*

also looking in the Frameworks directory I don’t see a QuickLookThumbnailing.framework directory

Omit the $. Try:

ps -xww | grep quicklook*

$ is the default bash command prompt.

But honestly, if you’re not having trouble, I think you’ll see it running. In fact, I think @Philip will too.

strange, : I got the same result: zsh: no matches found: quicklook*

I have no clue why not. In fact, I’m not even sure this isn’t a red-herring.

Yes, of course :grinning:

Thanks! I’ll try this later.

Philip

This is what Terminal looks like here:

Philip