Sort Curves

I totally agree, and that’s the paradox we have to deal with every day. Most effort/money/skill is spend or wasted (depending on the perspective) due to bad input. However cad rule 0815 says that bad input (always!) yields bad output, and the guy trying to make less bad output can actually earn most money with it, but is also the person who always did wrong. So its just a matter on how less bad you are. That’s the tragedy, but knowing about it actually makes deadlines less deadly :wink:

Well guys. By no means do I want to undermine your coding skills. But as native European, I’d like to show you this little trick. (Bare in mind that at this point there are certain limitations due to projection angles and such). I just want to learn what are the limitations of grasshopper and could it do a great deal of tasks without the need for additional plugins or code. That’s about it.

It took a bit of imagination, and yeah obviously longer than 30 min, but here is the def:
Polygons.gh (24.8 KB)

1 Like

If this solves your problem, well done.
I highly value to understand mechanism and not just copy and paste, although I don’t see why coding is bad. Its a tool to extend and simplify some processes. So I don’t get why some people are so proud of solving the puzzle without any text written :thinking: . I consider myself a na(t)ive European myself :wink:

1 Like

Simple… My big head never learned to code. But it is something I really want and need to learn, especially in regards to Grasshopper. If you have any guides on where to start from, please send links. :slight_smile:
It kind of does solve the problem. But it rellies heavilly on projection planes. And this has significant limitations. As you can see in certain situations the method fails to deliver. Maybe I will figure a way around this, but yeah. Coding is way better option if you can do it. :slight_smile:
I have seen some of the work of everybody here and it is crazy good. This is probably the coolest forum in the world :smiley:

@geometrygym might have your answer.

Notify your maii - this requires some talking (mostly related with you).

And given the opportunity whilst staying in the quad cirquit thingy and before you start walking a very long walk (start : tears, agony and frustration, end: the world is not enough) … let’s see a rather simple real-life example upon quad cirquit detection (LOT’S), random MERO trusses, membranes, instance definitions and other freaky stuff: None or them is possible without high performance code (yielding real-time results in real-life, that is). Nothing can been exported to some serious BIM (and/or MCAD) app without a robust hierarcy of nested instance definitions.

A random truss (kinda the stuff that Prox3d does). Question: by what means can you achieve the classic tetrahedron rigidity? What about the secondary "layers? (i.e. get a graph do a recursive truss until tubes are at a reasonable length).

Detecting a zillion quad circuits for defining mini membrane anchor points: Question: well … the obvious one (if the cirquit members are not co-planar you don’t need Kangaroo).

One of the 1M possible solutions. Question: by what means can you keep track of them all … whilst dealing with clash issues?:

Inviting a zillion instance definitions to the party (truss members [cones, sleeves, tubes, cats and dogs] BEFORE the gazillion of membrane anchor plates). Question: what happens if you do 50++K solids the other way?:

Adding death and distruction: the bird of pray in the pavement (Buchtal custom stuff).

1 Like

start with the language you like most, there are some pros and cons for every language. In the end there are way more similarities than differences. It may be a good idea to learn 2 languages at once, so that you get an impression about good and bad things. I speak C#/Java Python C/C++ and some F# and VB. In the end its easy to learn a new language, especially if you master plain C to a certain degree.

thanks, but I doubt you have seen much of my work, at least knowing it was me :frowning:

1 Like