Some lines extending past detail viewports in layout SVG output

One one of my layouts, I have two adjacent detail viewports which should crop to isolated views of two parts of the same drawing.

When I go to the Save As/Print preview dialog, the details appear correctly. However, when I Save as .svg, the dashed lines and joined open curves extend past the detail crop boundary. The other open- and closed-curve lines and the hatches crop properly.

I tried putting a new viewport window showing a blank part of the drawing in the space in between, but the outcome is the same.

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated

Hello - please post an example file or, if confidential, send to tech@mcneel.com, with a link back here in your comments.

-Pascal

ATKINS_2D-LinesDetail.3dm (1.04 MB)

The layout in question is A-303-2

I see that, thanks.
RH-66936 SVG prints too much

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, just wondering if any thoughts on this?

I tried using a viewport to a solid-fill hatch on the layout to cover the space in between the drawings, but the lines still showed up beyond the bounds of the detail box.

Should I assume that for now, the only way to assure proper cropping is to make a different layout for each detail, with the layout size the exact same size as the viewport detail?

Thanks
ian

Hi ian - I do not have a better idea I’m afraid. I cannot get anything to block the extra lines either.

-Pascal

ok thanks. hopefully will be fixed in a future release!