Some Grasshopper2.0 Advice

All objects start solving at the same time, but will wait for objects they depend on to finish first.
I was actually not all that thrilled about this kind of optimisation because it introduced a fairly large amount of complexity to the code-base for (I feel) fairly marginal benefits.

This sort of distributed solver only finishes faster if two objects which do not depends on each other are computed simultaneously and they don’t both use all the available processing power. If they do, then running two components at the same time just means they both take twice as long to complete, giving you zero speed-up.

That is true. The topology of data trees hasn’t changed. It’s still an ordered list of path+twig pairs where a twig is a linear list of values.

The two major differences between GH1 and GH2 trees are:

1. GH2 trees are immutable. This is not something a user would ever notice, but if you’re a developer it’s important to be aware of this.
  2. GH2 trees support meta data. Meta data does in fact allow you to append any additional structure to your values. You could encode 4-D array indices as meta-data and then reconstruct your 4D arrays at the other end.

Yup, agreed. There’s actually a lot of colours that would need to be hooked up to the current theme. Once that’s a bit more finished I’ll start work on a theme editor.

Technically correct, but I do like the consistency the black bar provides.
48c

I see that too sometimes, especially when recording the screen. Logged here: RH-68146

It’s not an indicator, parameters with that icon allow you to change the access. For example the bounding box component can create bounding boxes per item, per twig, and per tree, depending on the state of the input.

Can you post a screen shot of that? I’m not familiar with Unreal programs.