SoftEditCrv problem

Hi @pascal,

not sure if this i a bug, i cannot see any change if i try out values between 1 and 8 for the Distance when trying to edit this curve at the point marked. Larger values seem to work OK. (I am using FixedEnds=No).

SoftEditCrv.3dm (32.6 KB)

_
c.

I assume you mean you cannot see any difference in the result with values of Distance between 1 and 8. I see the same thing but it the command is working as intended. When modifying NURBS curves there is a minimum length of the portion of a curve can be changed while leaving the remainder of the curve unchanged. (That minimum depends on the number of control points and the spacing of the “knots”.) In you example with values of Distance of 8 or less at you desired location SoftEditCrv is changing the minimal portion of the curve possible. To reduce the portion of the curve changed additional control points and associated knots need to be added in the vicinity of the desired change. Usually the best way to add additional control points and knots to curve is to use the InsertEditPoint or InsertKnot command because those commands does not change the shape of the curve. If you use InsertControlPoint the shape of the curve will usually be changed.

Thanks @davidcockey,

i did not look closer to the point structure and will forward your answer to the customer.

_
c.