So long, from Pascal

Thank you so much for all the help over more than 20 years, a lot of insight and so many interesting discussions.
Have a good time and enjoy your retirement!
-Roberto

2 Likes

Thanks for all of the help over the years Pascal! You were always quick to respond and you helped a lot!

1 Like

Hello Pascal,

Thank you for the help. Very much appreciated and special because your responses always had the nuance of being personal.

Thank you,

Andy

1 Like

Just seen this. My shoulders dropped as I read it. I’m very sad to see you go, Pascal. You’ve helped me on so many occasions it’s hard to know how to thank you enough. I will sorely miss you. The void you leave will be a tough one to fill.

All I can offer is a heartfelt Best Wishes for your retirement. Hopefully you’ll drop by here once in a while and let us know what you’re up to.

All the very best.
Matt

1 Like

Pascal, thank you for your many years of service to the Rhino community here on this forum and elsewhere. I’m amazed by your patience, your kindness, and the breadth and depth of your knowledge of Rhino. You’ve been an ever present source of wisdom for all of us.

I’m glad that we share a passion for good, clean design, and for hand-made pottery. I’m a bit disappointed that you ruined my appreciation for mediocre coffee but that is more than offset by my newer ability to pull a fine shot of espresso in the office.

I’m not sure how to accurately count, but it seems like I’ve spent more waking hours with you than with my parents, my kids, or my wife. I’ll miss you, my friend. Be well on your next adventures…

Brian

9 Likes

Good Luck Pascal

1 Like

Pascal - Wishing you beautiful adventures.

Many thanks for the always helpful responses to my (our) quirky questions and for the invaluable insights you shared. You’ll be missed.

All the best,

Tom

1 Like

Really sorry to see you go since you helped me and many others in this (and former) forum!
You´l be missed
Many thanks and good luck in your new adventures
Per

1 Like

Thanks for all your help over the years Pascal - and it was great to finally meet you in Barcelona last year. Wishing you the very best for your retirement.

Phil @ Simply Rhino

1 Like

Hi Pascal,

I still remember the first time you helped me with a Rhino problem way back when, and somehow I feel I will remember this moment that I discover you’ll no longer be there for us.

Best wishes for the next chapter in your journey and thank you for the many years of exemplary support and assistance.

You will be missed!

Andrew

1 Like

Pascal. Thank you so much for so many prompt, helpful and generous answers to my questions over the years. I would never have guessed we were the same age! Keep that youthful spirit alive.

Eric Jolley

1 Like

Pascal, I just read this, and I hope this doesn’t miss you. Thank you so much for all your help over the decades of us bugging you! Your patience and professionalism through good times and bad were remarkable and exemplary. You always were willing to put in the extra mile to help us out, to explain thing, and to very gently point out “you’re doing it wrong.” :blush: Wherever your travels take you, I wish you all the best, and if you are ever in Southern California, I’d love to buy you a dinner and beer.

All the best, and thank you again so much!
Sam

1 Like

Thank you Pascal for your vision and passionate endeavors. We are all the better from it. Thank you.

1 Like

In my early days diving into Rhino in the late 2000’s, I always enjoyed this Mr. Pascal guy :slightly_smiling_face:. I would get really quick help and feel like a VIP while receiving very swift solutions to my questions. I always enjoyed the email correspondences back in those days getting cool scripts for interesting options. I swear at some point in 2010-11 I got what I remember or think of as the early version of ‘shrinkwrap’ :slightly_smiling_face: I could be wrong but the script had early signs of it imo.

I’ll remember you here as the guy I’d always try to beat to the solution, but you’d always win :smiley: And your solutions were always awesomer with degree 5’s :grin:

I wish I had more time and more opportunities to bug you with my long list of questions I never posted yet :smiling_face_with_tear: Well, I’m speechless. Thank you for being there in my beginnings with Rhino! :beers:

1 Like

Thanks Pascal, will miss you!

1 Like

Thank you, @pascal.
Thank you for helping me when I asked dumb questions.
Have a good time!

1 Like

Thank you, Pascal.

1 Like

Hey Pascal,

Argh so sorry to see you go but I think you’ll enjoy yourself. Though for us older folks it’s hard for wives to get used to us being home all the time. LOL

I just wanted to back up to preV2 before or right when you joined McNeel and we worked on the Rhinolator plugin Gui for Shawn. Rhino didn’t have imperial units at that time.

Wishing you well, thanks for your friendship and kind help over the years.
RM

3 Likes

I remember creating skins for the Rhinolator!!!

1 Like