Snapping two shelled objects to make one

Hi. There. I’m fairly new to this, but I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find the answer. I have 2 shelled 1/2 spheres. I want to join them and make one shelled sphere. Two questions:

1. How do I snap the two so they are perfect? I can’t seem to snap two faces, then align.
  2. Once snapped, how do I join so that they become one shelled sphere? (Boolean union?)

BTW, I have done this by simply offsetting an outer sphere, but for crazy reasons that would be two long to get into, I need to do it this way for my art, and for my experience level (next to none).
Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 6.15.57 PM

Thx.

Hi, Sue,

1. The image doesn’t show your model.
  2. This is not possible. There needs to be some connection between the two spheres. You can simply place one sphere inside the other and group them, but they are not considered to be one object. Can you tell us why this is necessary?

Well it is actually possible… Try NonManifoldMerge on two concentric spheres, then CreateRegions on the result… :wink:

Edit: I don’t remember if these commands are implemented yet on the Mac side…

–Mitch

Well… Yes, possible. But depending on your downstream process, I might advise against it. :wink: