Slow copy/paste/save operations

Hello I’ve been recently experience an annoying issue with Rhino. The open/ save/copy/paste operations became very slow without any obvious reason. I am talking about files of less than 10mb when it comes to size. I saw that there are some older threads about the matter but I they haven’t been resolved. I have several plugins installed (vray, tsplines, bongo, hdrls), not sure if these are the problem. I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Hello - the first thing to do is disable these plug-ins, restart Rhino and see if the problem persists. If not, then re-enable and load the plug-ins one by one until you see the problem… that will point to the plug-in if one of these is the problem.

-Pascal

Hello Pascal thank you for your quick response. I think I’ve managed to narrow down the problem. Everything started when I’ve updated to vray3 leading me to think that that was the culprit. As it turned out though it seems that the problem lays with the hdrls plugin I am using and the way it connects with rhino

With vray2 I was using the vray dome light workflow and didn’t connect hdrls with the rhino environment so I didn’t have any problem.

Have you or anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a workaround? I’ve got intouch with lightmap team but as I have the perpetual licence and didn’t extend my support they were reluctant to provide any help

I would appreciate any help I could get

Thanks

Oi.
Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with the latest Vray nor any hdris… I assume this is Rhino V5 since you mention TSplines, right?

Perhaps @Peter.Chaushev has an idea…?

-Pascal

Yes it’s rhino5

Hello, Theo,

We have not received reports of such an issue so far. Would you be willing to have a remote viewing session with one of my colleagues in order to track down the cause of this slowdown?
If you do, please send in advance an email at support@chaosgroup.com with a link to this forum thread and your preferred time. The Chaos Group support team is available Mon-Fri between 11:00-18:00 EEST (https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/eest).
Info such as full version numbers of V-Ray for Rhino and Lightmap’s HDRLS woul also be helpful.

Kind regards,
Peter Chaushev
V-Ray for Rhino QA
www.chaosgroup.com

Hello Peter,

Thank you for getting in touch. I think a remote session to track down the issue would be great. I’ll do as you suggested and send the support team an email

Thank again for your help!

Theo

Thank you, Peter.

-Pascal