SineCrv between 2 bisector curves?

Hi
I wonder if there is a way (of course it is, but I cant) to make a sine curve (blue) between two bisector lines (red) (dont know if its the correct title).
The start and end of the sine crv should align with the center straight line (black)
Grateful for any help
Per

I might

1. Create a uniform sine curve plus the upper and lower lines
  2. Loft between the lines
  3. Create your “V” pair of lines
  4. Loft between those
  5. Use FlowAlongSrf to flow your sine curve between the first loft surface and the second one.

Maybe?

Hi Mitch! And thank you for reply, but as always, I was not completely clear. I want the start and end of the sine crv to be “blended” with the straight (black) center line… (or “fade” in and out to the straight line)

Well, I guess you would do that to your original sine curve before flowing…

Ahhh, yes that works, of course! Thanks again and have a nice evening!

this looks like a nice more general challenge, if the proportion should stay the same.
that means, that not only the amplitude increases, but also the frequency is getting lower / “longer”.
the formula will need some logarithm for the frequency. (?)
maybe someone can explain this more precise ?

(edit:)
the screenshot shows the printout of a formula - viewer (mac os x grapher)
y= 0.2 * x * sin( ln(x) * 8)
i am not sure about those two constants
0.2 is the slope of the amplitude
ln(x) will lower the frequency, but the factor 8 might be dependent on the other factor 0.2 (i am not sure about)

but what interests me most:
what is the precise geometrical equivalent ?
any chance to construct this ?
I played arround with some surface intersections and projections - without success.
closest i got is a _flowAlongSrf with different weights in the target surface:

sinus_wedged_00.3dm (187.3 KB)

any ideas ?

1 Like

Hi Tom!
It seams that I am working with an axe, and you really understand what I am after. Any progress with the solution in the first image? That’s what I am after, but couldn’t explain it better…
Thanks for pitching in!

the first pictures shows a mathematical graph from a formula - i edit the post to make it more clear.

I used your mathematical descritption for creating your geometry. I used math for rhino plugin, you can play with range, number of points and scale.

https://www.rhino3.de/_develop/__v3_plugins/math/