Simplifying definition - many lines to work with

2.gh (85.4 KB)

I’ve attached my gh definition - I have many lines i’m working with so the definition repeats itself several times. Is it possible to group the lines or simplify it so it doesn’t repeat so often?

OR

Could I further develop the definition so that I can extract the isocurves from a particular surface and then those lines become sorted and are used to continue with the process I’ve already developed (shown in the gh file attached)?

More specific into the definition - I’m also trying to figure out how to move my midpoints of each line perpendicular to that line rather than just in the z direction to create consistently deep archs. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks!

Casey

You can see as I move the midpoints in the Z direction, the depth of the arch is not the same as the angles change.

You can definitely simplify that, can you do me a favor and do the following on your script 2.gh

internalize the curves you have by rightclicking on the curve-component, then upload the script again.

Just then I can see what kind of curves you use and what the result should look like on my machine. I’ll look into it in a couple of hours, I need to sleep right now.

4.gh (95.9 KB)

Ah, sorry, maybe this will help.

Thanks!!