Simplify solid on rhino

Hello All !

I would like to know if there is a way to simplify a complex solid rhino without exploding it ? (My constraint is to have a non triangulated polysurface)

My aim is to simplify it to be able to send it to revit !

Hello - what does this mean? Can you post an example?

-Pascal

Yes ! I have this solid in rhino :slight_smile:

Revit can not compute it…

The only way I found is to triangulate it :

But I do not want to do that because I do not want to see the edges when I import it in revit

Hello - if you mesh trimmed or joined surfaces, you will always have triangles in the resulting mesh.

-Pascal

You could try using the QuadRemesh command.

Actually, after rereading, the OP may simply want a solid and not a mesh at all in Revit, which also ought to be possible, I think. but I am no revitista.

-Pascal

Hello,

sorry if i did not eplained well, I do not want a solid as a mesh in Revit (as said Pascal) :wink:

I would like to find a way to repair it in Rhino (with a command ?), or to have this process :
solid -> Meshed solid -> nurbs surface -> smooth nurbs surface

The thing is that I do not know how to smooth it…

Hello - the object in the image cannot be represented as a single smooth surface, if that is what you mean. I would look for ways to bring the solid into revit. If you need hard edges smoothed, I would do that in Rhino, but it will not be a single surface, it will be a polysurface. it may be that QuadRemesh as @DanielPiker suggested and then conversion to a smooth SubD object will work, I do not know what Revit has to say about SubD.

-Pascal