Simplify and clean Objects

Hi there people, there was something bothering me for a while now concerning a project i was working on a while ago. I was modeling an object made of several different surfaces which were all made in different techniques ( planar curves, 2,3,4 Border Curves, Network of curves) Anyhow i managed to do something to it, that made the whole object one single,clean surface. I hope this describes what i mean. I can’t for the sake of it, refigure how i did it. Maybe there is some Rhino guru out there who has a clue because this was very helpful in the process of finishing the project. I upped some before and after images so maybe you can better understand what i mean. http://imgur.com/a/wpjNH

I’m happy for any reply.

Cheers

J

Sample file would be great… with reference image…

I’m afraid the pictures are all i can provide at this point as the original files are on a university machine which i have no access to anymore

I think all you did is maybe join any individual surfaces into one or more polysurfaces using Join (hard to tell if they are closed or not); and then turned off the isocurves, making the display less “busy” and cleaner by not showing anything but the surface edges…

–Mitch

I’m pretty sure this was not the case. But i can’t remember everything as it’s been a while…I remember using the analyze tools for open surfaces prior to “unifying” the whole thing. But if no one else has a clue it will remain a mystery :frowning: I’m not that much of an expert in Rhino, therefore i was hoping to find someone here who might have an idea. I will try again to get the file back though. Maybe it will help.