Shrinkwrap challenge

@mrhe is there a way to also create sharp concave edges?

1 Like

Following the below graphic (again, credit to CGAL), set both offset & alpha to very low values. None of them can be zero, though.

1 Like

in theory can be used as a tool for mesh Join. with the use of a ReduceMesh. you can get the result of a light mesh.

1 Like

That’s a great example!

The algorithm works on a triangle soup, meaning you can throw any number of (disjoint) meshes at it and it will wrap everything together.

Using TriRemesh as a postprocessing step tends to yield very clean and relatively light meshes.

1 Like

hi @mrhe bubble wrap crash Rhino: for example in this algorithm
bubblewrapcrash.gh (62.4 KB)

an this RhinoDotNetCrash.txt

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'rhino_mesh_wrap.dll' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)
   at BubbleWrap.NativeMethods.TestWrap(Single[] vertices, Int32 verticesLength, Int32[] faces, Int32 facesLength, Double alpha, Double offset)
   at BubbleWrap.BubbleWrap.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<SolveInstance>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
[END ERROR]

RhinoDotNetCrash.txt (725 Bytes)

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @Rh-3d-p!

Based on the crash report, it seems that the necessary DLL can’t be found. Did you install the plugin via the PackageManager? Please verify that you have all 3 DLLs in the target directory:

YES I INSTALL IT from PackageManager!
W

and it worked in yesterday but today in Rhino7,8 crash
BubbleWrap.zip (712.4 KB)

Please try deleting the corresponding folder and reinstalling. If it worked yesterday, chances are something changed in your setup and the paths might have gotten mixed up.

Yes i install this:

• .NET SDK 7.0.404
• .NET Runtime 7.0.14
• ASP.NET Core Runtime 7.0.14
• .NET Windows Desktop Runtime 7.0.14

But i uninstalled all the above programs and removed and reinstall bubble wrap but crash it yet

Do you think i should install windows against?

It’s very difficult for me to give you any recommendations without knowing your setup. The only thing that comes to mind is to double-check that the DLL’s are not blocked (right-click → properties → unblock)

Also, BubbleWrap has not been tested in Rhino 8 which internally switched to .NET 7. Make sure to have .NET Framework 4.8 installed on your system. It should come by default with Rhino but maybe you uninstalled it by accident?

1 Like

Hello, the problem is solved: Coff must be turned off to load *.dll
Thanks for the replycofe
And one more question or suggestion if your plugin is capable of internal (negative) offset(Mesh) it would be very helpful

2 Likes

I don’t find this plugin in food4rhino.com
Can you update it in package manager?

That’s correct. I didn’t have time to add it to F4R. Please use the PackageManger command in Rhino and search for BubbleWrap.