Shrinkwrap challenge

@lander My Parameters were very basic. Just used the Inflate Vertices and Points option and set the target size to a value that appeared to fill all of the remaining holes and gaps. Then offset that distance back in ward to fit tighter to the surface since “Inflate” always offsets in all directions from each vertex in a mesh or point cloud.

You can’t expect FillMeshHoles do do anything here. For example run DupBorder on your model and look at the resulting curves. How would the FillMeshHoles command even begin to comprehend the appropriate borders to stitch shut? It just can’t and thus does nothing. btw that checkbox is ignored when Inflate Vertices is active.

Below you can see the overlay preview to see the exactness, which is hard to know since your 2 main fragments aren’t we’ll aligned and cross through each other in several places by a large amount.

If you want more even density of the resulting faces then turning the polygon optimization to 0 will keep them more uniform.

As for the QuadRemesh settings. I just took the defaults and enabled Convert to SubD

Anyway, I hope this helps. I’ve included the file.
ShrinkWrapFragmentedSegments.3dm (7.8 MB)

3 Likes