Shrink wrap basic principles to avoid failures and this wasp nest?

Hi,
V8,
and Shrink Wrap my big hope for V8 alond with speed with meshes.
Both Bubbles burst today.

My hope was ShrinkWrap would iron out the little irregularities in meshes, the scrunched up cooking foil unravelled sort of thing.
Here though it hasnt hugged the objects doing so, its done a wasp nest on it instead !

I went with the default settings.

What should be done to get it to hug the objects and smooth out the wrinkles ?

By the very nature of photogrammetry, not all parts of an object can be thoroughly photographed and accessed, so ragged edges and non watertight shapes result. Imagine a statue up against a wall, the rear of it is going to end up very open and edges ragged.

Here the WW2 bomb trolley cannot be turned upside down and also I only wanted the rear end.

has Shrink Wrap the ability to act upon such ‘open’ shapes ?

Else just what has to be done and how ?

Also, what happens to the mapped image, that gets put on from the obj jpg file that accompanies the obj export.
In Rhino 5 where this came from, (opened into Rhino8) one goes properties and ‘toothpaste’ icon (yea I know its a paint tube) and allocate texture by object, then select colour and browse to the .jpg ‘square’ image looking like the item having been put in a blender !

In Rhino8 the import has ticked apply colour from obj, and that does that step for you.

How does the texture get reapplied after shrink wrap has done its thing ?

If the shrink wrap doesnt follow the original shapes I cant see how it could be mapped with the texture, where such texture was done as part of the Agisoft process.

Cheers
Steve

I don’t know what you were expecting, but Shrinkwrap is not a miracle command - although it has been sold as such…

“Hug the objects” - maybe… if the holes aren’t too big.
“Smooth out the wrinkles” - I don’t think so.