Shp import for Mac Version

Hej there, I am evaluating if I can make use of Rhino for the Mac. One of my key needs is importing and ideally exporting .shp and other geodata. I can see a lot of lovely extensions for that on the web. But none of them would work on the Mac? So are there any plugins I am missing or workarounds abailable to get this done? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Markus

Hi Markus,
I’ve recently released Heron 0.3.8 for Mac. It should have the same functionality as the one for windows, including exporting data with the ExportVector component, but only works with Rhino 7. You can grab it from the Package Manager.

-Brian

Thanks a lot! I will give it a try for sure next week!

Hi Brian,

I got Heron downloaded on my mac, but is there anyway I can access an example file to help me get started. I tried using the file included in the windows versions, but it has this error which I can’t get around.

Solution Exception:input parameter index [-1] too low for component ESRI REST service geocode

Thanks,

Nic

Hi Nicholas,
I’ve converted the example file below from Heron 0.3.9 for windows to Heron 0.3.8 for mac. While doing so, I came across a couple of minor bugs that are noted in the file, but it should still get you started. Let me know if you have any trouble or are looking to do something specific with Heron.
HeronMac_Example_v0-3-8.gh (46.0 KB)

-Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank you, that’s huge help, and it got me started on the plugin which was great. Still trouble shooting some errors I’m getting, but learning as I go.

Nic