Should I get an email when someone replies to a topic I'm watching

I am not receiving anything, even though I am “Watching” a topic.

How about @donl517, is that working?

-Pascal

If you are actively perusing the forum, it sees that and doesn’t clutter your inbox with messages.

Soooo Cool!

-Pascal

1 Like

No, it is not.

What constitutes actively? @Pascal replied over two hours ago and I haven’t been on the site at all in that time.

Images do not come through in emails from Forum

When I receive an email from the forum the images never show (since moved to Discourse few weeks ago).

Otherwise, I see images in other received mails all right.
Is it a setting in my IE or . . . ?
Thanks,
ndar

Many mail clients will not show images from emails by default because spammers can track you this way. If that’s the case, make sure you add the forum to your “allowed” list in your email client.

Activity is about a 10 minute window on the website. The only thing I can think of is a problem with the outgoing mail server? The admins can check the outgoing mail tab in the admin pages to see if things are getting shuffled over to the mail server, and the mail server logs to see if they are actually getting sent.

Reply by email has never worked well for us. For some reason, the reply-to address of the message is often "steve@mcneel.com".

We’re configured like this, using a GMail account "discourse@mcneel.com":

It appears the problem is actually with the GMail client. We are using Google Apps, and it appears that when the message header looks like this:

Reply-To: brian via McNeel Forum <discourse+40c9bc79cf.........124a17176b@mcneel.com>
To: ste...@mcneel.com

that GMail in all it’s brilliance notices that "ste...@mcneel.com" is a valid user in our domain, and replies to "ste...@mcneel.com" instead of the requested "discourse+...@mcneel.com" address. Note that discourse@mcneel.com is also a GMail account.

I wonder what would break if From were discourse+...@mcneel.com?

Yeah, glad you replied again to clarify the issue, because I just replied to two topics here via email from my iPad and both worked great!

I think the forum should have its “own” email account to disambiguate here.