I’ve recently downloaded a cockpit and need to put a front and back panel on it, I was wondering if there’s an easy way to do so. By the way, the cockpit is a mesh.
A bit of a work-around:
- sub-select the mesh faces that border the the outer edge where you want to have a new panel.
- Copy those faces in place.
- Convert to NURBS (MeshToNurbs) [if your model is light, you could skip step 1 and 2]
- join the edges of the surfaces that border the outer edge.
- close this new curve with lines which will be the borders of your panel
- use the MeshPolyLine command to make a mesh of this closed curve
Note: I don’t normally work with meshes - perhaps somebody has an easier way of doing this.
Note: I’ve created a wish item that would make it possible to just select the edges of the border mesh faces and join those into a polyline right away. That would simplify the process.
It looks like Mikko fixed this.
Please test it when the build comes out next week.
Please mark it fixed if it is.