ShapeDiver Tasks - Individual Box Viewing and Independent Box Values

Hi all,

I’m currently working on a project in ShapeDiver and I need your help with two specific tasks:

1. Individual Box Viewing: I aim to enable a client to view each box separately within the ShapeDiver interface. This will allow them to focus on one box at a time and inspect its details more thoroughly.

1. Independent Box Values: Following the viewing of a box, I aim to allow the client to independently select values for that specific box using the sliders. For example, they should have the freedom to choose desired values for one box using the sliders, proceed to view another box, and select different values for it without impacting the selections values made for previous boxes.

1. Cumulative Total: The values selected for each box should contribute to a total sum of all box values, providing the client with an overview of the combined values across all boxes. In the script, it is the data output will be shown in ShapeDiver.

My approach involves treating each box as an independent entity, but also getting the total values at the end. My concern is that if the client changes the values of one box, it might affect the values of other boxes. This is something I want to avoid.

Please note, this file is just a sample, i will have more than 25 boxes with more than 12 slides connected to each box, so I believe duplicating the slides is not efficient
ShapDiver_View_Total.gh (26.9 KB)

Thank you so much for your help

Hello @mathieu1 @edsahergom

I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

Thank you so much for your support

At the moment, what you are trying to achieve is not possible within a simple Grasshopper definition, but not difficult to achieve by using JSON objects in your definition and the viewer API to create a web application. You can learn more about JSON in these tutorial videos:

Later this year, we might have an out-of-the-box way to achieve what you want without making use of the API. I will update this topic when we make progress regarding this new feature.