Shadows are not working

I cannot get objects to cast shadows in Rhino 6. I am new to this software and have researched the issue I am having but cannot resolve. One of the possible reasons for shadows not working is that the graphics card on my computer needs to be updated? I don’t know? The graphics card on my computer is - intel ® HD Graphics (core i3) Computer is telling me graphics card is working properly.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Darren

Hi @darrenrogers23,

To better be able to analyze what your specific problem might be, it would be helpful of you to post a screenshot of how things look on your side.

Also the official McNeel people typically ask you to run the _SystemInfo command and post the result here for everything graphics related, so I would also recommend doing that.

1 Like

Hi thank you for your speedy response. . What I am specifically trying to do in Rhino is explore way of trying anamorphic sculpture and anamorphic shadow sculpture. Whereby I could place an object or draw an object for example a figure, and then cast a shadow of it on a surface or multiple surfaces say one is horizontal and one is vertical (like the floor and wall or walls of a room) and from the projected shadow I have cast on theses surfaces , I could begin to build my sculpture in 3D space in Rhino that would ultimately cast the same shadow as the figure or given object I choose to cast the shadow.
So basically without being able to create shadows from an object I cannot go further with my plan.
Hope this explains my purpose properly.
Below is the info on graphics card from system info Im not sure if the screen shot info is of any use, I cat actually get the image from the screen shot to go directly here, whats happeing instead is it is transferring to whats directly below this sentence.

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: Intel® HD Graphics (Intel) Memory: 2GB, Driver date: 11-26-2012 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 1.1.0

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: Microsoft Corporation
Render version: 0.0
Shading Language: Not supported
Driver Date: 11-26-2012
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2900
Maximum Texture size: 1024 x 1024
Z-Buffer depth: 32 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 1764548 KB

Hello - I do not know how that video support will work in Rhino at the best of times, but the first thing to do is get the latest driver from Intel.

-Pascal

Thank you, I will do that.
Best
Darren