Shaded not working with scripting

Hello,

I’m trying to change the ViewPort, shade it and save an image of the view using Rhinoscript.
When I click the button shadeall it doesn’t ask any settings but when I send the command it prompts for properties and could not get out of that road block.

Here the script I’m currently using:

rs.Command(’_-NextViewport <em>Enter’, 1)
rs.Command(’</em> -Shade View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes <em>Enter’, 1)
rs.Command(’</em> -ViewCaptureToFile)

and here the prompt I get after the second line:

Command: _Enter
Command: _-Shade
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ): View=Active
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ): Selected=No
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ): DisplayMode=Shaded
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ): DrawCurves=No
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ): DrawWires=No
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ): DrawGrid=No
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ): DrawAxes=Yes
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ): _Enter
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes ):

Am I doing something wrong or does the command not work with shadeall?

Thank you in advance :slightly_smiling_face:
Hans Paul

Looks like there is a bug in _-Shade…

Edit… Ah, wait, Shade command… that’s how it’s supposed to work, it’s only a temporary toggle, doesn’t stay on IIRC…A really old command from V1

I tried just with the normal Rhino command - Shade, it lets me set the viewport to shaded, but after the second enter it reverts.

With a viewport in wireframe:

Command: -Shade
Choose Shade settings ( View=Active  Selected=No  DisplayMode=Shaded  DrawCurves=No  DrawWires=No  DrawGrid=No  DrawAxes=Yes )
<Enter> 'you see the viewport shade'
Choose Shade settings ( DisplayMode=Shaded  DrawCurves=No  DrawWires=No  DrawGrid=No  DrawAxes=Yes )
<Enter> 'viewport reverts to wireframe...!'

@hansalbi -
Your scripted command should theoretically work like this -

rs.Command("_-NextViewport _Enter", True)
rs.Command("-_Shade _View=_Active Selected=No DisplayMode=Shaded DrawCurves=No DrawWires=No DrawGrid=No DrawAxes=Yes _Enter _Enter", True)
rs.Command("_ViewCaptureToFile")

You could also use rhinoscriptsyntax native commands to make this work:

rs.Command("_-NextViewport _Enter", True)
rs.ViewDisplayMode(rs.CurrentView(),"Shaded")
rs.Command("_ViewCaptureToFile")

That will however set your viewports to Shaded and leave them that way…

1 Like

Thanks @Helvetosaur!
Found a way to make it work :slight_smile:

@Helvetosaur is there a way to merge two Views i.e. Rendered and Technical
I want to export a png file with both Views

Not aware of of a Rhino-native solution… @Jarek did have a multi-view capture plug-in which might be able to be set up to do what you want (never used it myself):

1 Like