Brep faces with PerFaceColor set are significantly affecting the display performance in a shaded display mode.
As can be demonstrated with
Test-SlowShadedDisplays_with_PerFaceColor.3dm (3.1 MB)
- Turn on a shaded display mode. Performance is good.
- Explode all the blocks on layer WithPerFaceColor. Performance worsens considerably. Notice that with less breps displayed, as when zoomed into a corner of the model, navigation becomes more responsive.
- Turn off layer WithPerFaceColor.
- Turn on layer NoPerFaceColor. Performance is good.
- Explode all the blocks on layer NoPerFaceColor. Performance doesn’t worsen.
Per _TestMaxSpeed, the display performance for the set of breps with PerFaceColor is close to 100 times slower than the set of breps without PerFaceColor.